Future workers aspire to succeed

From doctors, to morticians, to proctologists, everyone wants to succeed somehow. Students have a lot to look forward to in their careers.

Some go into college not knowing what they want to be. Biology teacher Todd Ledford was one of these students.

“I went into college not knowing what I wanted to do as a profession,” Ledford said. “Don’t rush your decision on money, base it on what you like to do.”

After Ledford’s first year in college he discovered that he wanted teaching to be his profession.

Some students have already decided their profession. Tyson Hill would like to become a forensic psychologist. A forensic psychologist profiles someone who is likely to have committed a crime.

“I think it’s cool to just get into law enforcement because it’s the greatest way to help someone,” Hill said. “A forensic scientist was the best way to do it.”

Inspiration can come from anywhere. Hill found his watching “CSI” and “Criminal Minds.”

“I’ve been interested since the third grade,” Hill said.

Junior Abbie Nite wants to become a professional singer.

“The stage is like a second home for me,” Nite said. “I love being on stage.”

Some people are aware of their dreams at a young age, and upon achieving said dreams, they expand upon them like biology teacher Brandon Null.

“I’ve always wanted to be a zookeeper,” Null said. “I’ve always liked working with animals, so I figured why not work for it as a job?”

There can be adventures when you’re working in a dream career. Null has met a female liger, which is the offspring of a tiger breeded with a lion, and has traveled across the United States meeting animal trainers.

“I have met Hollywood animal trainers,” Null said.

Null became a teacher because he enjoyed educating people about animals. One of his friends suggested that he should become a teacher and that’s when he became a biology teacher.

Null says that students shouldn’t give up on their dream careers.

“Don’t ever give up. A lot of people told me I couldn’t get to where I am,” Null said. “But I got there because I didn’t give up.”

Sometimes students will be doubted.

“People doubted me, and I ignored it because I’m better than that,” Hill said.

“A lot of people told me it’s not going to happen, and it’s a crazy idea,” Nite said. “I’ve also had my doubts, but I’m going to keep pushing through until I succeed.”

Nite got her inspiration from her grandmother and mom.

“Singing has been in the family for awhile now,” Nite said. “I would like to continue the tradition.”

Students have a lot to look forward to in their futures, and a dream career will play a big part in making future decisions.