• May 19Catch senior quotes in our Feature section ...

First home football game sets potential for season

Harper Pitts, Sports Editor

Last week, Demon football had their first win of the season against Putnam City West. The game finished with the score of 7-31 on Aug 31. In the following week, the Demons had the second win of the season against Elgin with the ending score of 0-42. In the third quarter, the Owls kept on getting close to the endzone to make a possible comeback, but pass interferences and flags kept the whole field from scoring until the Demons finishing the game in the fourth quarter.

Senior J.J. Harris, a running back and an outside linebacker, believes that due to the new coaches, this year’s team is more on course and ready for this year. He and his teammates have high hopes for the outcome of this season.

“We’ve just had a mindset of dominating and playing with all we’ve got, and that’s what we did,” Harris said.

With seven new coaches for this season, it has been a major benefit to the players, according to Harris.

“The coaches are awesome,” Harris said, “They have confidence in our playing and they’re great at guiding us and keeping things on course.”

With their next game in Ada, the Demons have shown great potential for the rest of this season, and the players are confident that this year will be a good season for football.