• May 19Catch senior quotes in our Feature section ...

Quoteth the Senior

Anderson, Bayleigh— “Every time I get older, I look better and get smarter.” —Kourtney Kardashian

Armstrong, Jade— “Understanding is not a requirement for acceptance.”

Armstrong Jerad— “Excelsior! Always be yourself and don’t forget to live long and prosper. Who Nose! Carry on true believers!” I credit some words to the great Stan Lee and Star Trek.

Ashton, Sydney— “I’m finna slide.”

Ayala, Koriah— “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.” —Charles Dickens

Baldwin, Destiny— “Enjoy it. Because it’s happening.” —Stephen Chbosky, “The Perks of Being a Wallflower”

Barton, Riley— “Stay reckless.”

Bell, Hannah— “What defines us is how well we rise up after we fall apart.” —Anonymous

Bell, Trent— “You can’t stop someone who knows where they are going.” —MJ

Billingsley, Justin— “I don’t know what my future holds, but I do know who holds my future.” —Tim Tebow

Editor’s note: This is a paraphrase from other sources.

Blalock, Sidni Rae— “Embrace the weird, dude. Enjoy it because it’s never going away.” —Tim Tharp, the Spectacular Now

Bliss, Chyanne— “Act your age, not your shoe size.”

Brew, Halee— “I didn’t mean too…”

Bridgers, Chance— “You gotta cross over the anger bridge and come back to friendship shore.” —Cal Naughton Jr.

Brooks, Jordan— “Life is too short to waste it worrying about rumors that aren’t true.”

Brown, Haley— “You will all be working for me one day.”

Buckelew, Teresia— “Our flute lies within us. You only have to be brave to see it.” —Brave

Butler, Kelsey— “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams” —Eleanor Roosevelt

Carrasco, Manuel— “Keep your grades up Rafael Carrasco, love you little bro.”

Case, Alexandra— “We’re all in this together.” —High School Musical

Chaidez, Stephanie— “If you want to do something or wear something, just do it because people are going to talk anyway.”

Chesley, Daniel— “If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” —Mark Twain

Cramton, Abbea— “Hannah Montana said nobody’s perfect, but here I am.” —Jose

Cross, Haylee— “If we wait until we’re ready, we’ll be waiting for the rest of our lives.” —Lemony Snicket

Copeland, Sari— “Yee-haw to this time.”

Cox, Graham— “We drank a whole lot of Dr. Pepper.” —Forrest Gump

Cox, Tyler— “You get one shot at life, take all chances and never give up on your dreams until they’re a reality.”

Davis, Sydney— “PUDDING!!!”

Delval, Angele— “Goodbye high school! I am done with you.”

Diaz, Gilberto— “A risk was calculated, but man I’m bad at math.”

Diaz Galvez, Maria L.— “I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh, but I never knew looking back on the laughs would make my cry.” —Dr. Seuss

Dominguez, Adriana— “Ponte las pilas.” —Mom

Eaglin, Hannah— “So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there is so much to smile about.” —Marilyn Monroe

Edwards, Klaryce— “Shark bait Hoo-Ha-Ha!!!” —Bruce

Endress, Alisha— “High schools easy. It’s like riding a bike and the bike is on fire and the ground is on fire and everything is on fire because you’re in hell.”

Fitts, Andee Beth— “What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gallaher, Logan— “Whatever you are, be a good one.” —Abe Lincoln

Garcia, Orlando— “I don’t know what my future holds, but I do know who holds my future.” —Tim Tebow

Gay, Kamrin— “Just wing it. Life, eyeliner, everything.”

Gibson, Adrienne— “Hear Duncan Roar!”

Gill, Connor— “Know your purpose, and you’ll find the will to be happy.”

Gipson, Faith— “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” —Nelson Mandela

Graham, Misty— “It is what it is.”

Green, Chloe— “It’s been one blur of fun.” —Lilly Pulitzer

Greening, Kylie— “Whatever you do, don’t congratulate yourself too much, or berate yourself either. Your choices are half chance. So are everybody else’s.” —Mary Schmich

Griffin, Delaney— “Sometimes you’ve gotta fail before you can fly.” —Kellin Quinn

Griggs, Trevor— “Quotes are hard, don’t do them.”

Hall, Caylee— “We didn’t realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.” —a.a. milne.

Harrison, Tyrone— “Do the right thing.”

Harlow, Brendan— “The world is but a grain of sand when compared to the capabilities of the human mind.”

Hedges, Caitlyn— “Men are disturbed not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happened.” —Epictetus

Henricks, Brady— “Now I have become death, the destroyer of worlds.” —Robert Oppenheimer

Hernandez, Carlos— “Don’t count the days. Make the days count.” —Muhammad Ali

Hice, Hannah— “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” —Winnie the Pooh

Hicks, Jack— “OYOHY NEHOY HOY MAMENYOY.” —Doodlebob

Hillin, Kaitlin— “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.”

Hopkins, Bailey— “Chase your dreams but always know the road that leads you home again.” —Tim McGraw

Hopkins, CJ— “Happiness is a journey… Not a destination.” —Ben Sweetland

Howell, Falon— “All throughout high school, I never had a bad hair day.”

Hunt, Chandler— “Confidence is not, ‘they will like me.’ Confidence instead is, ‘I’ll be fine if they don’t.’” —Christina Grimmie

Izaguirre, Mario— “See ya in a Kia.” —Unknown

Irwin, Haley— “Bonnie, shut up.”

Jech, Mallory— “Act normal.”

Jones, Alex— “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life, it’s the life in your years.” —Abraham Lincoln

Jones, Karlyn— “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.” —Toulous-Loutrec (The Moulin Rouge!)

Jones, Tucker— “I’m going to give input when I need to, when it needs to be said.” —Kyrie Irving

Kafer, Rebekah— “Have courage and be kind.” —Cinderella

Keenan, Katlyn— “Blood is red, cyanosis is blue, I get tachycardia when I think of you.”

Keenan, Kaylee— “No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up and never give up.” —Regina Brett

Kerr, Ryan— “I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots” —Albert Einstein “Einstein was right. We are here.” —Me

Editor’s note: Snopes.com reports this quote attribution as false. Though Einstein is reported to have had similar sentiments, these words appear to be a fabrication attributed to him later.

Kidd, Sidney— “And this is the part where we find out who we are.”

Kinnaird, Kale— “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.” —Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

Kirkland, Emily— “Be a pineapple, stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside.”

Lassley, Logan— “Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.” —Shaquille ‘Shaq’ O’Neal

Leanos, Nathaly— “Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive.” —Matt Cameron

Love, Alasia— “Life is short, and so am I.”

Martin, Vanessa— “Petty is my middle name.”

Matheny, Amanda— “Do what you have to do so you can do what you want to do.”

McCoy, Haley— “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: It goes on.” —Robert Frost

McDonald, Skye— “The best things in life are the people you love, the places you’ve seen and the memories you’ve made along the way.” —Unknown

McGhghy, Noah— “So long and thanks for all the fish.” —Douglas Adams

McReynolds, Darius— “I had to put my grades up for adoption, because I couldn’t raise them.”

Meacham, Dalton— “Life is like money, don’t spend it all in one place.”

Melander, Stephen— “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.” —Albert Einstein

Mettler, Deeanna— “To my friends (the misfits), we may not be here next year, but you can always contact me, because you are my family and I love you! I hate showing emotions though, so take it or leave it.”

Milton, TaMuriel— “Follow your passion, it will lead you to your purpose.” —Oprah Winfrey

Monterrosa, Jose— “Pass me the aux, fam.”

Moore, Adam— “Don’t play the game, slay the game.”

Morrison, Gracee— “It’s been real and it’s been fun, but it ain’t been real fun.”

Morrow, JW— “Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy, both, I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.” —Michael Scott, The Office

Mullins, Joseph— “There are two kinds of people without beards, boys and women, I am neither.” —Jase Robertson

Myers, Natalie— “Pull an all-nighter. It’s the only reasonable thing to do.”

Nieto, Jenae— “Just live right now and be yourself, it doesn’t matter if it’s good enough for someone else.” —Calum Hood

Nitelet, Ben— “An exchange student year is not a year in a life, it is a life in a year.”

Nix, Derek— “I wasn’t late for first period, I was early for second.” —Sam Holthe

Pack, Alex— “You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” — Harvey Dent

Paradiso, Michael— “Keep calm with the Illuminati and play baritone.”

Patel, Bhumi— “The idea of success is not to escape the struggles but to work hard and climb your way up.”

Payes, Angel— “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get.” —Forrest Gump

Peck, Levi—It’s better to burn out, than to fade away.” —Neil Young

Peters, Abigail— “I have no special talents, I am just passionately curious.” —Albert Einstein

Petrey, Will— “If no one comes from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it really be.”

Pewitt, Kylie— “Don’t cry because it’s over. Relish the happiness it gave because it happened.” —Brooke Davis, One tree Hill

Pollock, Sally— “It’s the oldest story in the world. One day you’re 17 and planning for someday, and then quietly, without you ever really noticing, something is today. Then something is yesterday, and this is your life.” —Nathan Scott

Presgrove, Chloe— “Respect me and I’ll respect you.” —Jamar Lockhart

Ramirez, Hayley— “I’m not actually funny, I’m just really mean, people think I’m joking.”

Rains, Kenzie— “I would NEVER!”

Rice, Alex— “It’s been real and it’s been fun, but it ain’t been real fun.”

Ridley, Adam— “Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn’t, the way she goes.” —Ray

Ritter, Dakota— “Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.” —Coach Lopez

Rivas, Corrina— “A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear.” —Marilyn Monroe

Savage, Teddi— “You’re welcome.” —Maui, Moana

Shoemaker, Bonnie— “Never stop getting low when the whistle blows.”

Skahill, Kenny— “DON’T BE LATE.” —My mom, every day as I get ready for school

Smith, Zowie— “I’m gonna wing it.” —Me, about something I most definitely should not wing

Standokes, Skylar— “Do your best and nothing less.”

Stewart, AJ— “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.” —Wayne Gretzky

Stewart, Devin— “Dang, you look more Chinese than I do.” —Charles Espinola

Stewart, Kennedy— “Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.” —Teddy Roosevelt

Stockton, Hattie— “His name was Robert Paulson.” —Fight Club

Sullivan, Caroline— “A lifetime of glory is worth a moment of pain.” —Pete Zamperini

Swift Grant Shane— “Bears. Beats. Battlestar Galactica.” —Dwight K.Schrute

Tally, Dylan— “Winners never quit and quitters never win.” —Vince Lombardi

Vasella, Darien— “There’s a lot of beauty in ordinary things. Isn’t that kind of the point?” —Pam Halpert

Vincent, Destinie— “Without Jesus, we are spiritually bankrupt.”

Walls, Rylee— “Peace, Love, Happiness.” —Jukka Hilden

Warford, Jade— “Wayhooo.” —to Lilly and Justace

Warford, Jessica— “Being gay is okay!”

Webb, Cooper— “I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating and gets everywhere.”

Weber, Micah— “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” —Dr. Seuss

Wilkinson, Bryce— “Create positive anarchy.” —Tukka Hilden

Woods, Kendall— “I’ll be late to my own funeral.” —Anonymous

Wright, Heavyn— “If at first you don’t succeed, dust yourself off and try again.” —Aaliyah

York, Christien— “It is all chicken, but the gravy.”

Zapata, Avery— “There are far better things ahead than the things we leave behind.” —C.S. Lewis