Social media usage for revenge

Society is changing by the second, and social media is playing a big part on the changes. These changes can either be good or bad, but they’re mostly bad. For example, an argument on a certain view can cause great discrimination towards other people. The things teenagers post on social media don’t just reflect opinions, but who they are as people. Employers and even colleges look at the things posted by high school students on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, to find out more about who they wish to hire or enroll. However, with the things we post on these sites, it’s not just ourselves that we are hurting, but other people as well.

I’ve had problems with the trend called social media, and it was probably the worst headache to have ever worried about. I posted something about my views on a certain topic and stirred up some trouble. I couldn’t tell if someone was being serious about the post or just laughing it up, so I just simply asked instead of jumping to conclusions and later found out the person lied to me about it being a joke and was being seriously mean. I didn’t have any way to actually access the whole conversation at the time, but once I got the main part of the post I felt really betrayed and lifeless. However, I had to just walk away from the problem and act like it didn’t bother me, and that took a lot of energy. The conversation eventually died and passed, like most do.

If what we posted on Facebook or Twitter didn’t matter to others, we wouldn’t even be drawn to the use of these sites. A post about someone/an event which targets one specific person or a group of people can either end well or badly. Sometimes that post even goes out into the real world from the people who repost it, not just to colleges. I myself try to stay away from the drama on social media. Even though it’s hard to avoid it, there are ways of doing that.

Just walk away from the problem and don’t get involved. Even though the post may be about a personal subject, all a person has to do is remain silent. Not just that, but even to ignore the fact that someone he/she knows is being talked about in a bad way should be ignored.

One post or comment can affect someone’s life, and the person starting the fire should just understand there’s more to that post than stating an opinion about someone, which is actually going beyond that and saying how bored they are.

The drama everyone complains about is probably from those who started the drama. Meaning if a person were to say something about someone else, the person may not take the situation lightly, if said wrong. The post may even get someone put into the principal’s office with just that one simple opinion, which has happened in the past. Fights broke out at school last year and put a couple of girls in the office. However, people don’t understand they don’t have to comment on things. Most of the time the trouble people go through over a post won’t matter in the long run.

The drama doesn’t just happen on school campus and fights don’t always break out. Sometimes the real stuff happens in a locked room at midnight. Self harm is what I’m getting at.

There have been so many incidents about people going into the suicidal thought process because of a horrible post that makes them go into that mode and can be like a flip of switch for some. The “I wish to not see this” button is useful in these situations. In fact, this little button could save some people a huge headache, or even their lives. I honestly believe in letting people talk it up and just let them run with things. A lot of the times, some people don’t even know a thing about the other people they are talking about. Using the button is not being passive, but simply being the bigger person and is hard to do. Trust me, sometimes doing the right thing seems impossible.

The students can prevent more issues happening on social media just by ignoring the rumor mill called Facebook and use it more to do good than evil.