Satan shirts cause controversy — Positive side

Recently, there were 18 students who wore shirts that represented their religion or, in some cases, a religion they support. On the front of the shirts, it said “Satan is my homeboy”, and on the back of the shirt it said “going to hell.” These students were called to the office because they were “disrupting the education system by offending some students,” as junior Shane Agee recalls.
The students were made to change into different shirts.
I’m okay with that. What I’m not okay with is the fact that people that wear shirts that represent Christianity don’t have to change their shirts.
I happen to be a Christian and I do not agree with the content of the Satan shirts, but I know that there are people who do not agree with my religious shirts.
Corey Casto, one of the creators of the shirts, told me that the reason they were made was to retaliate against bullies that called her and Destiny Baldwin, the other creator, Satanists for wearing certain band T-shirts in class.
I have it under good authority that a teacher was in the classroom at the time when the bullying was taking place.
It’s against school rules to bully others and the bullies still haven’t been punished.
Maybe it’s because the teacher agrees with the students. I wouldn’t punish someone I agreed with either — even if they did go about it the wrong way.
I would have told the opposing side to “drop it,” too, if I didn’t stand for equality.
If I see something as wrong or unequal when it is helping one side, I will see the reciprocal as also unequal.
The United States of America was founded on the freedom of religion — not the freedom to practice Christianity. Yes, God’s name was put in in the Pledge of Allegiance in the 1950s. However, it is my strong belief that our forefathers could see past their nose and notice that other religions existed then and exist now.
Whether the administration decides to allow all religious shirts or ban all religious shirts is alright with me as long as it is all religions, not just some.